Please note that on Period Contracts you may place a bid with up to 4 digits after the decimal (e.g.:$1.0001)
This sale is subject to all applicable federal and provincial sales taxes. Taxes are in addition to your bid price.
Item Bid Details
Waste Fuel - Cold Lake
Waste Fuel - Cold Lake
21-December-2017 @ 1:06 p.m. EASTERN TIME
70000 (litre(s) )
Waste Fuel - Cold Lake
THE GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS B DATED 26-September-2016 APPLIES TO THIS SALE.
STANDARD INSTRUCTIONS, CLAUSES AND CONDITIONS
- Pursuant to the Department of Public Works and Government Services Act (S.C. 1996, c.16), the General Terms and Conditions B, identified in the GCSurplus.ca website by date, and title are incorporated by reference and form part of the bid solicitation and resulting contract as though expressly set out in the bid solicitation and resulting contract.
1.0 SECURITY REQUIREMENT
- There is no security requirement.
- 2.1 For the purchase, pickup and removal of the Asset(s) described in section 2.2 on an "as and when requested basis" for the duration of the period of the Contract as detailed in Section 5.0 entitled Term of Contract.
- 2.2 Details of the Asset(s) and Work Requirement
- 2.2.1 Removal of Surplus - 4 Business Days
Contractor will be required to pickup on an "as and when required" basis. DND will notify the Contractor when a pickup is required and the Contractor must remove the product within 4 days of notification.
- 2.2.2. On Site Security Details
The contractor will proceed to 4 Wing, Transfer Station (B639) for all service calls. Hours for contact and pick up are 0800-1600, Mon-Fri.
Requirement to complete a Request for Temporary Special Area Pass form in order to access waste fuel inside the General Restricted Area (GRA)
Form will be distributed electronically or by fax with call up for service within the GRA and must be submitted at least 3 days prior to service
The contractor will always meet with WLE HAZMAT escort at the Transfer Station (B639), located outside the GRA, before proceeding to the GRA
A temporary Special Area Pass will be issued to the contractor before entry and must be returned upon exit of the GRA
- 2.2.3. Containers - Drums - Collection Tanks
DND will offer the product in above-ground waste collections tanks at several locations around the base. Occasionally the product may also be offered in drums. The Contractor will be required to provide a tank truck equipped with either a vacuum pump or a gear pump to remove the products.
The Contractor must provide a copy of their bill of lading to the custodian, showing the quantity of product removed.
The custodian will forward the bill of lading to GCSurplus and GCSurplus will invoice the Contractor for the quantity removed.
- 2.2.4. Special Pickup and Transportation Requirements
License: The Alberta Environment Receiver and Carrier License Numbers must be submitted to the GCSurplus Alberta Sales Centre prior to Contract award.
Vehicle/equipment used to carry out the work must be certified for the product it will carry and capable to empty waste tanks and barrels of various sizes.
All waste material being moved must be handled by certified personnel only using Contractors equipment. All spills from equipment during loading and unloading are the responsibility of the Contractor. All spills must be reported to the Hazwaste Spill Response Team. In the event of a spill all costs for clean up are the responsibility of the Contractor.
WHMIS Training: WHMIS training for all Contractor personnel is the responsibility of the Contractor and documentation MUST be provided to reflect that the training and qualifications are current upon request of the Department of National Defence.
Recycle Docket: for each pickup the Contractor shall complete a recycle docket form in accordance with Provincial regulations and shall provide a copy of the same form to the Department of National Defence upon transfer to their vehicle. This docket MUST show the quantity transferred. The Department of National Defence will in turn send a copy of the document to GCSurplus Alberta Sales Office for invoicing purposes.
- 2.3 Any Contract will be for the actual quantity of Asset(s) that Canada requests the Purchaser to purchase during the period of the Contract and will not constitute an agreement by Canada to sell any or all of the said Asset(s). The quantity of Asset(s) sold under the Contract may be more or less than the Estimated Quantity of Asset(s) and the Estimated Extended Price specified herein.
- 2.4 The loading and removal of the Asset(s) are the sole responsibility of the Purchaser and at the Purchaser's own expense.
3.0 ESTIMATED QUANTITY AND ESTIMATED EXTENDED PRICE
- The estimated quantity of Asset(s) and its corresponding estimated extended price specified herein are only an approximation of requirements given in good faith. The Purchaser will have no claim against GCSurplus for shortages. Amounts in excess of the Estimated Quantity or Estimated Extended Price will be paid in accordance with the Basis of Payment specified herein.
4.0 SECURITY DEPOSIT
- A security deposit in the form of a certified cheque, an irrevocable standby letter of credit or a credit card payment as accepted and approved at the discretion of the GCSurplus Sales Representative, made out to the Receiver General for Canada of an amount of $1,000.00, is a condition precedent to Contract award. Should the Purchaser fail to respect fully his/her obligations under the Contract, the deposit will be forfeited to GCSurplus. Such forfeiture must not limit or curtail any of GCSurplus rights as stipulated by law or in the Contract.
5.0 TERM OF CONTRACT
- 5.1 Period of the Contract
- The period of the Contract is from 01 Jan 2018 to 31 Dec 2018 inclusive.
- 5.2 Option to Extend the Contract
- 5.2.1 Upon mutual agreement of both Parties, the period of the Contract may be extended by and up to two (2) additional periods of one (1) year under the same terms and conditions. The Purchaser agrees that, during the extended period of the Contract, he will pay Canada in accordance with the applicable provisions as set out in the Basis of Payment.
- 5.2.2 Canada will notify the Purchaser within thirty (30) calendar days before the Contract expiry date of its desire to extend the period of the Contract. The option may only be exercised by the GCSurplus Sales Representative.
- 5.2.3 The agreement to extend the period of the Contract will be evidenced, for administrative purposes only, through a Contract amendment prepared by the GCSurplus Sales Representative.
- The GCSurplus Sales Representative will send an invoice upon receipt of weight scale ticket.
7.0 APPLICABLE LAWS
- 7.1 The Contract must be interpreted and governed, and the relations between the parties determined, by the laws in force in Alberta.
Location of asset(s):
DEPT OF NATIONAL DEFENCE
4 WLE HAZMAT SECTION
B639 4 WING COLD LAKE
COLD LAKE , AB T9M 2C6
The exact location of this sale could not be determined. Please contact the GCSurplus sales rep for more information.
Shana Langley - HAZMAT Officer
780-840-8000 (ext:8199 or 88)
GCSurplus sales rep:
The Purchaser agrees to make any payment requested (see available payment options) by the Minister
within 14 calendar days from the date of such request and prior to removal of any of the property.
The Purchaser, upon acceptance of this offer by the Minister and after
payment in full has been received by the Minister, shall at his expense, pack,
load and remove the property by the date indicated on the bill of sale or, if no
date is shown, within 4 calendar days after the date the bill of sale is issued.